Chart positioning

Thu Aug 2 08:56:29 EDT 2007

Nicol Hermann wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> as promised, i did some further tests with the new charting options.
> I checked the layer types point and line and could not find any problems
> so far. One question for my understanding. How do you determine the
> position of the charts by line and polygon types? On thing i plan to do
> are some collision tests. Is it possible to control this behaviour like
> the force keyword in the labelObj?
>
> Many thanks
> Nicol

Hi Nicol,

I have moved this discussion to the mapserver-dev list since others
might be interested in it.

I have also CC'd Thomas Bonfort who is the author of the chart rendering
code, he will be able to comment on the possible options. I think
treating the charts as labels/symbols and caching them to allow
collision detection is something he had in mind but that was not part of
the initial implementation.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/