mapserver 5.0.0-beta2 and AGG detection in configure.in

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Sat Aug 4 12:40:46 EDT 2007

Even Rouault wrote:
> Currently in configure.in, if you specifiy "--with-agg" or "--with-agg=yes"
> there is a check for gpc_polygon_clip to enable AGG build.
> AC_CHECK_LIB(agg, gpc_polygon_clip, AGG_ENABLED=-DUSE_AGG,,,)
>
> However, GPC has a non free licence ("free for non-commercial use"). See
> http://www.antigrain.com/license/index.html. So, my build of AGG doesn't
> include GPC.
>
> I've removed the check for gpc_polygon_clip in configure.in and mapserver
> 5.0.0-beta2 builds fine.

Even,

I have also seen that many of the free software distributions are not
including GPC support in AGG for obvious reasons.  So if we don't need this
function it would seem to be a bad one to check for.  I have taken the
liberty of creating a trac ticket for this issue.  I'd encourage you to
add yourself as a cc: for it.

I also created a new svn-trunk "version" in trac that we can use when
reporting bugs specifically in the current development trunk.