msAlphaGD2AGG/msAlphaAGG2GD

Wed Aug 8 20:36:13 EDT 2007

That's the issue. I was thinking either adding a general msSetPixel() wrapper might work or
perhaps hanging a function pointer off the driver itself? Not anything we want to do in 5.0 I
think.

Steve

Steve Lime wrote:
> I think that once there are AGG equivalents for all GD rendering (e.g. no fallback) that we
> should be able to remove the calls around chart and vector layer rendering. We'd still need
> those that wrap the raster rendering. since that's still basically gdImageSetPixel()...

Steve,

Note, if the main issue is the organiation of the alpha value in rgba GD
buffers, a way forward might be to make the raster code understand how to
handle alpha somewhat differently in the agg driver case as opposed to the
gd case.  I'm pretty much handling all this specially (not using GD
calls) already anyways.

I'm not sure such a change would be practical for MS 5 though.