msautotest issues on Windows

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at GMAIL.COM
Sun Aug 19 20:00:08 EDT 2007

Developers,

As I've noted before all of the the 3 msautotest suite suffer for some
or more failures on Windows with the latest SVN version. We have now 3
different builders on the Windows platform on the buildbot
configuration at http://buildbot.osgeo.org:8504/

One of them produces real WIN64 images (the dependent libraries have
also been compiled for x64). This one is the winner in producing the
failures ;-)

I would suggest at least to identify whether these failures are
expected or not before issuing the first RC. If we expect different
results of different platforms then we should split up the tests
accordingly.

The resulting files on the Windows builders can now be inspected by
clicking on the Browse files link at the property page of the
builders.

BTW: all of the tests return 0 regardless of the success and the
failure of the overall test.

I've also tried to add the python tests but I got access violation on
Windows. Though I'll keep on completing this step I would be happy to
see whether these tests are running for the other folks or not.
Are these tests still supported or abandoned?

Best regards,

Tamas