Status of AGG support?

Tue Jul 3 22:38:15 EDT 2007

Paul, Steve, et al,

I have mapserver trunk built with AGG but have little clue on how to use
it at this point. Googling shows up two trac tickets #2114 and #2115
which show:

OUTPUTFORMAT
     NAME "agg/png24"
     MIMETYPE "image/png; mode=24bit"
     DRIVER "AGG/PNG"
     EXTENSION "png"
     IMAGEMODE "RGB"
     FORMATOPTION "PALETTE_FORCE=TRUE"
     FORMATOPTION "PALETTE=/my/path/palette.txt"
END

So this looks like the deal. What is palette.txt and does one define
that. I assume this controls the problem with tiles shifting colors
because the color palette overflows based on the anti-aliasing using up
the color slots. Is this then a list of the primary colors that you want
pre-allocated in you image so they do not shift.

What is the format of the file?

Thanks,
   -Steve