Support for label priority in SVN

Thu Jul 5 13:37:39 EDT 2007

Earlier this morning I have committed a first set of changes to support
label priority in SVN. The current version fully supports priority for
GD output formats only (the other output drivers still need some work
but do work for a single priority level).

Since there seemed to be a few people looking forward to this new
feature, I would welcome testers to play with the current SVN version
and report their success/failure. I have tested label priority mostly
with point data but didn't test much with curved labels yet (by lack of
a good dataset), so any feedback in this area is welcome.

To test, just get a new build of MapServer and add the PRIORITY keyword
in your labels with a value between 1 (lowest/default) and 10 (highest).
You can also bind priority to an attribute field using "PRIORITY
[itemname]".

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/