QA Checklist for MapServer 5.0 release

Normand Savard nsavard at MAPGEARS.COM
Mon Jul 9 10:34:52 EDT 2007

All,

To ensure that we have a good quality release for 5.0 I suggest that we
use a similar form that we used for the previous release.  It will help
us keep track of which features or group of features have been tested
during the release cycle.  This list is not an exhaustive list of all
features but tries to cover the main parts of MapServer.  As you will
see I also added a column for each new feature that will be included to
this release.  In this way we will be able to evaluate how much testing
is done on each one of them.

I wrote down some names in the form to act as testers but I prefer that
experienced users fill this role instead of developers.  So if any
experienced user is interested in giving a hand to make our testing
effort more valuable, let us know and we'll add your name to the table.

I have added a "QA/Tests Checklist" to the 5.0 release plan at:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/release_plans/mapserver_5_0/mapserver_5_0_qa_checklist

I will maintain the checklist and coordinate the QA initiative.

If you have any comments do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks.

Norm