Call for vote on MS-RFC-17: Dynamic allocation of symbols, layers, etc.

Fri Jul 13 17:27:35 EDT 2007

I would like to call for a vote to adopt MS-RFC-17 Dynamic Allocation of
layers, styles, classes and symbols for implementation in MapServer 5.0:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-17

I open the vote with my +1.

Note: Based on feedback from Frank and Umberto, it doesn't seem that the
potential backwards compatibility issue related to bypassing the
insert/add methods in SWIG MapScript is still current, so I have moved
this item out of the "backwards compatibility section" of RFC-17.
However I kept it for reference in the "Questions from the review
period" at the end of the RFC.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/