RFC-24 for symbolObjs is done

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Jul 17 01:12:40 EDT 2007

Umberto Nicoletti wrote:
> As I promised last friday I have worked on symbolObjs to implement
> rfc-24 and now the code is in svn (rev. 6308).
>
> The code compiles cleanly (including mapscript and php), is memory
> leaks free (tested with valgrind) and runs the msautotest suite
> without errors (segfaults, that is).
> I have, as usual for RFC-24, added new tests to the refcount.py python
> test tuite.
>
> I still have to update the rfc page, I'll do that later.

Umberto,

I've made a few fixes in mapsymbol.c with failing to allocate
symbols in msAddImageSymbol() and msAddNewSymbol() in mapsymbol.c:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/changeset/6318

These were brought out by the msautotest/misc tests which demonstrated
a crash.  It highlights our need for additional regression testing
for symbol services which is very thin right now.