mapserver support for sld-opacity fills

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed Mar 21 09:35:27 EDT 2007

Hi There,

  Tranparency is currently supported only at layer level as opposed to
class/style level. This is one of the features that could make it for
the 5.0 release
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/release_plans/mapserver_5_0/)
We could then upgrade the sld to support read/write of the opacity
parameter.

Best Regards

lars lingner wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> as I saw on the Mapserver SLD Howto
> (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/sldhowto/) there is no support
> for opacity by mapserver.
>
> How is the planning to implement support for opacity? Is there a plan to
> support this? I searched the mapserver-users and -dev mailing lists, but
> I couldn't find any infos to this topic.
>
> What is the reason for no support? Is it because nobody tried it or is
> it too time consuming and has therefore an low priority? Or is it
> difficult to implement or even impossible at the current stage of
> mapserver code?
> Are there any unreachable limits like library dependencies or necessary
> architecture changes?
>
> The thing is, I could really use this feature and now I'm thinking about
> how I could get it.
> If its a strait forward programming task I will check if I could do it.
> Therefore it would be nice to know the estimated time for implementation.
>
> I'll appreciate any replies. If there was already an discussion about
> this, then point me to it please.
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> lars

Assefa Yewondwossen