mapserver support for sld-opacity fills

lars lingner lingner.mail at GMX.NET
Wed Mar 21 13:23:52 EDT 2007

Yewondwossen Assefa wrote:
> Hi There,
>
>  Tranparency is currently supported only at layer level as opposed to
> class/style level. This is one of the features that could make it for
> the 5.0 release
> (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/release_plans/mapserver_5_0/)
> We could then upgrade the sld to support read/write of the opacity
> parameter.
>
> Best Regards

Thank you for this info. Good to know that this topic is on the table.
Is there a chance to estimate the effort to get SLD opacity support in MS?
I really don`t want to put pressure on anybody, but I have to estimate
how the chances are whether this feature will be available in the next 3
month, 12 month or even later.

Based on this answer I'll have to schedule some tasks and think about
how can I help to get this feature work.

lars