linking Trac and subversion

Schuyler Erle schuyler at NOCAT.NET
Wed May 2 12:03:07 EDT 2007

* On  2-May-2007 at  8:50AM PDT, Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) said:
> Hi list,
>
> why are the developers not using links between Trac and svn?
>
> In the Trac ticket you can do something like:
>
> Fixed in changeset:6072, which will create a link to the changeset in which
> the ticket was fixed.
>
> Also, when doing an svn commit one should use the ticket: syntax in the
> message, for instance:
>
> svn commit -m "ticket:2079 WMS request with a BBOX and and SLD containing
> Filter encoding gives inconsistent result"

Even better, one can use the shorthand "#1234" for ticket:1234 and
"r5678" for changeset:5678. We use these conventions in OpenLayers SVN
commit messages and ticket comments all the time, and Trac
automatically turns them into links to tickets and changesets in
ticket comments and changeset browsing and wiki pages by default.

SDE