tickets with no milestone

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed Jan 23 13:52:51 EST 2008

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:
> If I check http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/roadmap, there shows open
> tickets based on milestones.
>
> However, when I check http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/report/3, I see a
> majority of tickets which are not assigned to any milestone (not even
> FUTURE).  Should these be set to FUTURE?

Tom,

I've never been to clear on the meaning of the FUTURE milestone other than
that it indicates we might like to do this but it isn't expected soon.  I'm
not sure how much better that is then just having no milestone set.

I do suspect we need to get better organized at analysing the untargetted
bugs.  For instance, before issuing 5.0.2 I'd like it if a pass was made
through all open bugs (or at least all open recently submitted bugs)
trying to determine if they ought to be acted on in with some priority.

But ... who will do this and who will actually dig into the bugs if they
are classified as high priority!