[mapserver-dev] Documentation updates

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Mar 6 09:49:46 EST 2008

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Having to flag specific paragraphs from the
> docs with versions to which they apply is a mess to read and to maintain
> in my opinion.

I totally disagree.  Having been that maintainer through the "Blue" site
and the new one I'd much rather include notes inside the one doc than
maintain several versions of that doc (and yes, even when you "branch" I
found myself editing 2 versions of that same doc, such as the "dev"
version and the latest release version).

And lets not forget about one important person: THE USER.  Having
several versions of the doc is terribly confusing to the user.  I saw it
over many years with the blue site.  Heck if i'm confused over it a new
user would be for sure.

So if the maintainers and the users want one doc, let's have one doc.

-jeff