[mapserver-dev] chgset numbers required in all Tickets

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Mar 20 16:13:45 EDT 2008

Should these requirements go into our committer guidelines?

Steve

Jeff McKenna wrote:
> As I'm hitting documentation tickets I see that most developers do not
> mention what MapServer version the change applies to (causing me to
> search HISTORY.txt)  Please can you either mention the MapServer version
> and/or the SVN chgset/revision value for commits in all future tickets?
>  thanks.

And talking of changeset refs in tickets, for those not much familiar
with Trac yet, the following conventions automatically create clickable
links in ticket output and are the preferred way to go in my opinion:

Use r1234 for a changeset.
e.g.
"... committed to SVN trunk in r1234, and backported to 5.0 branch in r1235"

Use #1234 for a ticket number
e.g.
"See also ticket #1234 for the documentation updates."

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/