[mapserver-dev] More Performance

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Mon May 12 17:56:16 EDT 2008

Last post: under FCGI FT_New_Face disappears as a source of delay,
presumably because it's a one-time hit. So (of course) does all the
setup time for dylib on the system side. What's left is pretty hard to
squeeze more. Largely in the rendering library and image output
(compressing output).

Also, looking at the "Chart" view of the CPU usage during the sample
period (Shark is so cool!!!!) it appears that a render cycle is only
taking between 10ms and 15ms.

Great work, speed racers!

P.