[mapserver-dev] Need for strrstr function...

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon May 19 10:12:42 EDT 2008

Beauty, I didn't even think of code search. That'll work. I'll add it and handle like we do strdup with configure options to detect the presence of the function on OSes where it already exists.

Steve

Steve Lime wrote:
> Hi all: I'm finding a need for that function (finds the last occurence of a string in another string) in RFC 36 implementation work. It seems to be decidedly non-standard. Is anyone aware of, or have used an implementation that could be legally included with MapServer in mapstring.c? I've found a couple but one had no license or copyright (the author's email address is given) and the other had copyright assigned to the FSF so I assume it's GPL.

Google Code Search finds some stuff:

http://www.google.com/codesearch?q=strrstr

The first result is an strrstr() implementation which seems to be
covered by a MIT license:

http://www.google.com/codesearch?hl=en&q=+strrstr+show:9EUBLSiVGX8:NZZIg0z4-aM:GsTEVRc8oK4&sa=N&cd=1&ct=rc&cs_p=http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/nslu2/sources/fget-1.3.3.tar.gz&cs_f=fget-1.3.3/compat/strrstr.c#l18

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/