[mapserver-dev] Canvas support for MapServer

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Jan 26 09:02:22 EST 2009

Jan,

Canvas is not an output format or rendering technology in any sense
that MapServer could use it, so I don't believe it can be applied to
MapServer.

Canvas and excanvas have been used in a few places to render vector
features at the client and to implement interactive vector digitizing
and editing (OpenLayers is probably the largest implementation of
Canvas but eschews excanvas in favour of directly rendering to SVG and
VML where supported by the browser) but this has nothing to MapServer
(except possibly to use it as a WFS server to generate the features).

Cheers

Paul