[mapserver-dev] help:thanks,create maps on the fly without

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 07:18:04 EDT 2009

I don't have any PHP examples out there, as I'm using C# primarily in
my practice. However the PHP object model (refer to
http://mapserver.org/mapscript/php/index.html) is pretty much the same
so converting the code would be straightforward.

Best regards,

Tamas

2009/10/3 Rui Jianxun <gis at shnu.edu.cn>:
> hi Tamas Szekeres,
>
> The address
> (http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/trunk/mapserver/mapscript/csharp=
/examples/inline.cs
> )you showed to me is using c#+mapscript to draw layers with several class=
es
> defined in the programming environment. This is very flexible for program=
mer
> to draw thematic map what  they like to. But in the same address,in PHP
> MODULES,i donot find the examples using PHP to relize the same
> functinal,because  the later(PHP) would read mapfile,but the former
> (C#) need not to read mapfile.
>
> Would you like to give me some examples using PHP nor c# that need not re=
ad
> mapfiles?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Rui jx
>>Today&apos;s Topics:
>>
>>   1. Re: help:create maps on the fly without having a map     file
>>      (Tamas Szekeres)

>>Message: 1
>>Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 17:01:35 +0200
>>From: Tamas Szekeres <szekerest at gmail.com>
>>Subject: Re: [mapserver-dev] help:create maps on the fly without
>>    having a map     file
>>To: ??? <ruijianxun at 126.com>
>>Cc: mapserver-dev <mapserver-dev at lists.osgeo.org>
>>
>>Hi,
>>
>>MapScript provides the object model (a couple of classes with
>>properties and methods) for setting up your map configuration from
>>scratch. You would normally require to create a map object (mapObj)
>>add layers and set up the styles and symbology for each layer. You
>>could then render the map into an image object or you could optionally
>>save your map configuration to a mapfile for later use.
>>Here is an example written in C# to set up a map configuration
>>programmatically:
>>http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/trunk/mapserver/mapscript/csharp/=
examples/inline.cs
>>This example creates the shapes for the layer programmatically as well.
>>
>>Best regards,
>>
>>Tamas
>>

>>2009/10/2 =DC=C7=BD=A8=D1=AB <ruijianxun at 126.com>:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>> I have found a paragraph in a book named <Web Mapping Illustrated-p>,as
>>> fllowing:
>>> "MapServer map files are still a key component to writing a MapScript-b=
ased
>>> application. If you have a map file ready to use, you can start accessi=
ng