[mapserver-dev] Unable to access MapInfo TAB files or ESRI Shape Files

Sharat Kanuparthi sharat at firstcall.net
Mon Oct 19 10:10:11 EDT 2009

I am newbie to mapserver. I have MapInfo .tab files and also shape files. When i try to access them as layers using an OGR connection, the layers just don't show up. I am using the basic ITASCA demo that is available for download. I've made according modifications and gave OGR connections. I'm really not able to figure out the reason. I'm sure its a small issue, but i'm just not able to get out of it.

If anyone could tell me the possible reasons for the layers not to show up, i will look into them. Any help regd this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sharat