[mapserver-dev] MapServer Documentation and translation (spanish)

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Feb 15 21:08:24 EST 2010

Hello Juanma,

Thank you for volunteering your time - we would love to have your
assistance.  Here are some of the steps:

- provide me with your OSGeo User ID (which you can create at
https://www.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/ldap_create_user.py).

- I can then add commit privileges to your user ID

- then you should go through the documentation howto
(http://mapserver.org/development/documentation.html) and install Sphinx
locally, to generate the necessary HTML files from the raw restructured
text files. (and read through that entire howto document)

- checkout the docs from SVN locally (svn co
https://svn.osgeo.org/mapserver/trunk/docs/ docs --username yourosgeoid)

- copy the /en folder and rename to your language

- have fun!  :)

Hope this helps a little (others may also comment about necessary steps).

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/