[mapserver-dev] MS RFC 37: AUTO Projection Support

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Feb 22 14:47:34 EST 2010

Is there a plan to make this work with shapefile that have .prj file
outside of adding a gdal/ogr dependency?

While a love gdal/ogr, it is heavy in terms a package dependencies,
(unless something has changed), and often a struggle to add to
production sites that are not doing imagery.

This should be noted as appropriate. Since it is an opt-in feature I'm
good either way.

-Steve W.