[mapserver-dev] Proposal to add built-in OpenLayers map viewer

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Sep 24 15:56:52 EDT 2010

Daniel,

This sounds great! I like the idea of keeping it a very simple
interactive viewer. Based on the other comments that this has generated
about potentially support for more complicated viewers that those get
put into another RFC for some kind of templated viewer approach where
any viewer could add a template to support thair flavor of viewer.

I generate one of these trivial OL apps every time I make a mapfile just
for the purpose of viewing it and 99% of the time it only has that one
layer in it. I think this would be a wonderful time saver.

-Steve W