[mapserver-dev] Proposal to add built-in OpenLayers map viewer

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Sep 27 14:32:46 EDT 2010

Ok,  Now I'm lost,

What in MapServer 5.6.x does NOT allow the integration of providing a URL based viewer (without further coding??) already.

All I'm suggesting is using a flexible approach, you seem bent on making the mode=openlayers option the final thing (whch would take aonly a few lines in the code to utilize a call to a TEMPLATE (that has the openlayers calls in it)  just as easily as embedding the Openlayers calls in the code.  Did I miss something more inportant somewhere?

bobb

Bob Basques wrote:

> I don't see the TEMPLATE route as being any more (or less) of a problem
> in adding as a method to achieve the desired results, and it leaves a
> measure of flexibility behind as well. I mean if you need a MAPFILE
> anyway, what's the difference in adding a TEMPLATE for use as well.

I'm sorry but I don't get it... what is "the template route"... and what
does it allow you to do that you cannot already do today with MapServer
5.6.x?

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/