[mapserver-dev] Re: [mapserver-users] MapServer 6.0.0-rc1 release

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Apr 29 16:35:51 EDT 2011

On 11-04-29 03:09 PM, Lime, Steve D (DNR) wrote:
> Well, IMHO the copyright is still valid so the dates should reflect that. I did some searching and discussions were all over the board, from no dates to just the current year to a date range. I did see several postings by lawyers that advised using a date range that included the current year. I'd vote for update...

I'm okay with updating as well if that seems to be the best practice,
and would add that to the release packaging howto. But what do you
suggest that we update?

- Update only the main README file in the source and the copyright.txt
file in docs?

- Update all source files that were modified since last release to
reflect the year they were last modified? (and do not touch files that
were not modified)

- Update all source files, whether they were modified or not?

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/