[mapserver-dev] MS RFC 68: Support for combining features from multiple layers (Updated)

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 17:45:01 EST 2011

Dear PSC,

Thanks for all who provided feedback to the initial version of MS RFC
68<http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-68.html>.
I've now modified the concept in some way, which yields a more
straightforward solution to the requirements. I've created two RFCs instead
of one by separating the combination and the clustering option as 2 distinct
problems which could in fact be implemented separately. The clustering stuff
has been stripped from MS RFC
68<http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-68.html>
.
I've also added a working implementation of this the new data provider to
the corresponding ticket <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/3674>, see
mapcombine.c<http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/attachment/ticket/3674/mapcombine.c>for
the details.

Let me know if you find further issues related to this concept. If no
singnificant problems encountered I'll motion to adopt this probably in the
next week.

Best regards,

Tamas