[mapserver-dev] Expanding the MapServer Project

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Mar 25 09:06:29 EDT 2011

Before we move forward with this I'd like to hear the comments from all
of the PSC regarding TinyOWS and its database support (as far as I know
it still only supports PostGIS connections).   Is there a plan for
TinyOWS to leverage OGR to connect to supported databases?  For example,
the ZOO project uses OGR to connect to any OGR-supported database for
MapServer WFS-T connections (if you don't believe me, check it out
yourself: http://zoo-project.org/site/ZooWebSite/Demo/WFS-T)

If MapServer adopts TinyOWS, am I correct to assume that OGR would be
leveraged for WFS-T connections?

-jeff