[mapserver-dev] Docs externals checkout

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 10:06:08 EST 2012

Jeff,

Every time I check out the docs tree, including a clean checkout, I get a complaint:

> svn: URL 'https://svn.osgeo.org/mapserver/trunk/mapserver/MIGRATION_GUIDE.txt' refers to a file, not a directory

Is this the intended behavior?  I haven't followed in a while, but I remember some discussion about keeping the migration guide up higher in the tree instead of down in the docs. svn:external cannot refer to a single file as far as I know, and must instead refer to a directory.  To make the migration guide in the top of the tree work, would we need an external in the docs tree back to trunk?  We probably don't want that either...

Any ideas?

Howard