[mapserver-dev] Motion: change default POSITION AUTO labelling order for point layers

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Mon Mar 19 11:07:21 PDT 2012

I don’t think this will be a disruptive change, people shouldn’t have gotten used to one way or another (although the regression tests will need updating) – it’s magic as far as they’re concerned. The order is not documented anywhere but in code. So I’d be ok with the change if you guys see a real benefit, +1. As an aside I believe the current order mimicked that of ArcPlot circa 1995.

Steve