[mapserver-dev] move to github ?

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Mar 21 06:47:11 PDT 2012

My thoughts:

- I don't yet understand the full benefits of github, but that doesn't
mean I'm not open to it
- from the outside it seems that we should make this switch sooner than
later
- but we shouldn't commit to this until we have at least a few weeks of
funding for a Sys Admin at professional rates, so we can do this
properly (I saw the pain that Howard went through for the CVS-SVN
switch).  Actually I would give it a full month of funding, to help
along the changeover.  So have a pot of $5,000 USD dedicated just to
this changeover (I'm being open and putting rates here, but it's not
me/my work so Sys Admins please speak up with accurate cost/effort
estimates)

Thanks for listening.

-jeff