[mapserver-dev] Simple features profile

Stéphane Brunner stephane.brunner at camptocamp.com
Mon Aug 25 06:29:25 PDT 2014

Hello everybody,

Some hours ago I create an Issue and a Pull Request for better support of
the simple feature profile:
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/4977
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/4978

The issue is that the <gml:pointMembers>, <gml:curveMembers> and the
<gml:surfaceMembers> tags where removed in the version 1.0 of the "Simple
features profile":
http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=15201&passcode=h597f3yybeu8fqxh99kh

I think that the "Simple features profile" should be preferred in all cases
where it's possible to be as iner-operable as possible, for example
OpenLayers take the chose to implement only the "Simple features profile":
http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/ticket/2388
https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/pull/1323

I hope that will be included in the version 7.0 :-)

Sincerely
Stéphane Brunner

--
camptocamp.com