[mapserver-dev] - Tile index

scott159 at free.fr scott159 at free.fr
Thu Oct 16 23:05:02 PDT 2014

Hi,

I want to use mapserver with spatial index in postgres/postgis. The mapfile looks like :

  	LAYER
		NAME "footprint"
		STATUS ON
		TYPE POLYGON
		EXTENT -180 -90 180 90
		CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
		CONNECTION "dbname=test host=X.X.X.X port=5432 user='usr' password='pwd'"
		DATA "the_geom FROM view USING UNIQUE id USING srid=4326"
		FILTER "the_geom is not null"
		PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"
		OPACITY 100
		PROJECTION
			"init=epsg:4326"
		END
		CLASS
			NAME 'footprint1'
			STYLE
				WIDTH 2
				OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
				OPACITY 10
			END
		END
		CLASS
			NAME 'footprint2'
			STYLE
				WIDTH 2
				OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
			END
		END
	END

	LAYER
		DEBUG 3
		NAME "raster"
		STATUS ON
		TYPE RASTER
		OFFSITE 0 0 0
		OPACITY 100
		PROJECTION
			"init=epsg:4326"
		END
		TILEITEM "the_path"
		TILEINDEX "panchro"
	END

With 6.4.1, everything is ok, raster layer is visible and there is no error in log file.
But when I try to use this mapfile with 6.5-dev on x64 wheezy, only footprint layer is visible. The raster layer is not visible and it seems non item index is defined cf log file below :

msDrawRasterLayerLow(raster): entering.
msEvalExpression(): General error message. Cannot evaluate expression, no item index defined.

How to defined item index with 6.5-dev ?

Thanks a lot