[mapserver-dev] WCS 2.0 support and time slicing

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Aug 7 03:33:00 PDT 2015

Hi,

Looking at msWCSGetCoverage20(), it is my impression that the time dimension
is not supported currently.

  /* iterate over all subsets and check if they are valid*/
  for(i = 0; i < params->numaxes; ++i) {
    if(params->axes[i]->subset != NULL) {
      if(params->axes[i]->subset->timeOrScalar == MS_WCS20_TIME_VALUE) {
        msSetError(MS_WCSERR, "Time values for subsets are not supported. ",
                   "msWCSGetCoverage20()");
        return msWCSException(map, "InvalidSubsetting", "subset", params-
>version);
      }
      if(params->axes[i]->subset->operation == MS_WCS20_SLICE) {
        msSetError(MS_WCSERR, "Subset operation 'slice' is not supported.",
                   "msWCSGetCoverage20()");
        return msWCSException(map, "InvalidSubsetting", "subset", params-
>version);
      }
    }
  }

Of course trimming, especially through time dimension, would be hard given
MapServer architecture, but I guess that time slicing could be implemented,
similarly to the TIME= support in earlier WCS versions, by using
msLayerSetTimeFilter() ?
I guess another impact would be to declare time bounds in GetCoverage
response.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com