[mapserver-dev] Allowing spaces in layer names (WMS/WFS)

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Jul 2 06:55:58 PDT 2015

Le jeudi 02 juillet 2015 14:16:10, Tamas Szekeres a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Could anyone explain the reason of limiting the layer names to valid XML
> tag names (not containing spaces or any special characters in that)? As far
> as I know the layer names don't appear a XML tags in the OWS requests and I
> couldn't find such limitation in the WFS specs either.
> Many clients uses spaces in layer names and this is causing issues for us.

Tamas,

This is in fact a constraint of the WFS spec.

According to http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.1.0/wfs.xsd,

<xsd:element name="Name" type="xsd:QName">
  <xsd:annotation><xsd:documentation>
                  Name of this feature type, including any namespace prefix
  </xsd:documentation></xsd:annotation>
</xsd:element>

And xsd:QName, that builds upon xsd:NCName, doesn't allow spaces and many
other characters.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com