[mapserver-dev] PHP 7 MapScript SWIG Support / Discussion

Dan Little theduckylittle at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 07:49:38 PST 2016

I'm generally positive about this in the hopes that it means the
PHP/MapScript+SWIG will ensure PHP gets feature parity with the other
versions of MapScript.  I also am a fan of what looks to be a more
consistent syntax to modern PHP.

I'll venture an opinion/suggestions on the reserved word cases
(specifically clone and close):   Is there a way to alias those
function names to something other than "c_..." ?  If so, I've seen
some convention such as "clone_" or "close_", and more PHP-y might be
something to the tune of "cloneInstance()" or "closeXYZ" where XYZ is
actual context appropriate (closeStream, closeConnection, etc.).

Cheers.