[mapserver-dev] Dropping support for non-GDAL and non-PROJ builds

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Nov 29 08:13:12 PST 2019

On vendredi 29 novembre 2019 12:02:12 CET Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Regarding users compiling this, how would they know that GDAL+PROJ are
> required, if we remove WITH-GDAL and WITH-PROJ from the cmake syntax?
> (those cmake hints are a lifeline for compiling software I find).

Exactly as they would figure out for other required dependencies we have
already (libpng, libjpeg, libfreetype). cmake will loudly and clearly complain
about what's wrong:

-- Could NOT find PROJ (missing:  PROJ_LIBRARY)
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:79 (message):
  PROJ library/component could not be found and is a mandatory dependency

    HINT:
    - add the PROJ install directory to the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH variable (-
DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH="/path/to/PROJ-install-dir;/path/to/other/dirs"
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:390 (report_mandatory_not_found)

http://www.spatialys.com