[mapserver-dev] SVG symbols with modifiable parameters

Flavio Hendry flavio at tydac.ch
Wed Sep 11 23:30:33 PDT 2019

Hi Steve and Tamas

Me again, one more thought ... I am a big fan of MapServer VECTOR
Symbols, with underestimated potential :-) ... There I can do almost
anything, except "circular segments" (sure, could be done with a zillion
of POINTS).

see https://nodi.mapplus.ch/vector.png
and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_segment

In the sample, all symbols except 2 and 4 four from the left are VECTOR
types, some with STYLE combinations.

2 could be done in such a way:

SYMBOL
NAME 'aw kappe'
TYPE ELLIPSE
FILLED true # or false, can be handled with STYLE
    POINTS
     1 1
    END
    ANGLE 0 # horizontal
    THETA 60 # central angle
    CLOSED true
END

the two parts of 4 could be done in such a way (afetr that STYLEs with
OFFSETs:

SYMBOL
NAME 'aw benzin_left'
TYPE ELLIPSE
FILLED true # or false, can be handled with STYLE
    POINTS
     1 1
    END
    ANGLE 0 # horizontal
    THETA 60 # central angle
    CLOSED false # vertical line
END

SYMBOL
NAME 'aw benzin_right'
TYPE ELLIPSE
FILLED true # or false, can be handled with STYLE
    POINTS
     1 1
    END
    ANGLE 180 # horizontal
    THETA 60 # central angle
    CLOSED false # open, no vertical line
END

--
Mit freundlichem Gruss / Best regards
Flavio Hendry

TYDAC Inc.  - http://www.tydac.ch
Swiss Maps  - http://www.mapplus.ch
############      Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Kind Regards
############     Flavio Hendry, CEO - mailto:flavio at tydac.ch
############         TYDAC AG - http://www.tydac.ch
####    ####        Geographic Information Solutions
####    ####       Optingenstrasse 27 -- CH-3013 Bern