[mapserver-dev] Proposed budget expenditures...

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri May 22 08:47:06 PDT 2020

My honest thoughts when thinking on the MapServer part is to put the
amount into a 'release manager' role for 2020, and that would include
the 8.0 release.  (thinking along the lines of Daniel's great message
from 2020-01-10 where the release manager helps with the initial release
plus point/bugfix releases)  So I guess my thinking is that the effort
towards the 7.6.0 release helps us build towards the big 8.0 release.
(the part in my head that I haven't said here yet out loud is that I
also plan/hope to fill the 8.0 release manager role as well, as I see
all of the team effort the past month or year spent as actually working
towards the 8.0 release).

My explanation is not as clear or concise as Daniel's ha.

-jeff