[mapserver-dev] MapServer docs and GitHub Process

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Sun Sep 20 05:29:48 PDT 2020

Hi,

Thanks for the merge.

It looks like the backport bot was already setup on docs 6 months ago [1], so any change comes down to updating the "About" text and default branch.

Re line endings - I've been guilty of this, especially when EOL differences are hidden by default in diff viewers.
Currently, it seems the docs are majority CRLF and the MapServer code are majority LF.
Trying to enforce this via .gitattributes didn't work out too well last time [2].
Maybe there is a GitHub Action that could help [3].

Seth

[1] https://github.com/mapserver/docs/blob/master/.github/workflows/backport.yml
[2] https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/5934
[3] https://github.com/marketplace/actions/check-crlf

Options to enforce this on pull requests would be very useful.

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk
twitter: @geographika