[mapserver-dev] MapServer 8.0 Config File

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Jun 15 10:55:45 PDT 2021

I guess I'll be able to answer these questions once I get this working
inside MS4W.  Steve let me know and I'll dive into testing this config
file.

I think new users will really like this config file.

-jeff

On 2021-06-15 2:32 p.m., Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> I assume that if an admin defines a set of mapfiles in the MAPS section
> of the config file, then only those mapfiles would be allowed
> (automagically) through CGI etc (therefore removing the difficult setup
> of the new MS_MAP_PATTERN environment variables, which unfortunately 99%
> of the users will never understand/be able to setup).  Am I
> understanding the goal correctly here for this config file?
>
> Put another way: how does defining a mapfile in the MAPS section of the
> config file relate to the default MS_MAP_PATTERN & MS_MAP_BAD_PATTERN
> (which most users will never understand or be able to setup) ?
>
> So with a secure config file required for the 8.0 release, can we remove
> the hardcoded values for MS_MAP_PATTERN & MS_MAP_BAD_PATTERN that are
> currently in the source code?
>

> -jeff
>

> On 2021-06-15 2:04 p.m., Steve Lime wrote:
>> Hi all: Just checking on folks thoughts on moving forward with a
>> config file. There was a bit of discussion back in early April...
>>
>> https://github.com/sdlime/mapserver/wiki/MapServer-8.0-Config-File
>> <https://github.com/sdlime/mapserver/wiki/MapServer-8.0-Config-File>
>>
>> Would be nice to move on it sooner rather than later.
>>
>> --Steve

Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, MapServer Consulting and Training
co-founder of FOSS4G
http://gatewaygeo.com/