[mapserver-dev] MS RFC 132: Update MapScript API Docs ready for review

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Sat Jun 26 03:08:11 PDT 2021

Hi all,

Any further comments/questions on MS RFC 132?

Even raised the question about the `nitpick` being set to False. This is due to the resolution of MapScript variable links, but these can be hidden in Sphinx 4.1 which I believe may be released soon (the mileston deadline was 2 weeks ago). Once we update to Sphinx 4.1 `nitpick` can be set back to True.

The other major blocker is getting a pull request into SWIG so class property types are automatically documented.
https://github.com/swig/swig/pull/1951 - I'll look again at fixing the tests and trying to get this merged.
In the meantime to update the docs requires manually building MapScript with a custom SWIG and pushing to test.pypi.org

The pull request in its current state does build the MapScript API docs automatically, and contains over 10 years of updates/corrections to the current MapScript docs so I'd like to merge this into main in the next couple of days if there are no objections.

Once merged and the main branch is made to be the current release (8.0) the docs will appear as at: https://geographika.github.io/MapServer-documentation/mapscript/mapscript-api/index.html

Seth

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk