[mapserver-dev] DOI now enabled for MapServer releases

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Jan 12 11:33:51 PST 2022

Hi devs,

A few more updates in terms of DOI for MapServer :

- MapServer 7.6.4 DOI has been created:
https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.5842013

- We've been asked to generate (or "reserve") a DOI for the upcoming
MapServer 8.0 release, which I did, so researchers can cite the 8.0
release with the DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.5842053

- a nice feature, is that we can use a permanent link/DOI, to always
resolve (or bounce/redirect) to the latest DOI: (notice that clicking
this DOI redirects you to the latest MapServer release, 7.6.4 :
https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.5842012

I'll share this on our 'marketing'.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, MapServer Consulting and Training