[mapserver-dev] MapServer 8.0 Beta Release?

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Thu May 12 14:16:04 PDT 2022

Very much in favour of a beta-release as soon as possible.

1. FlatGeobuf connection is a very exciting new feature that could be the "flagship" feature of an 8.2 release (and if people want it earlier it can be merged to main once 8.0 is released.
2. coshp needs a docs page, for testing simply running the built program on the test shp file and checking it doesn't return an error could be enough for now?
3. I think the warnings are now fixed?
4. If this is holding things up it could just be marked as deprecated and removed from CMakeLists and the tests as Even suggested?

Seth

--
web:https://geographika.net
twitter: @geographika