[MapServer-dev] Custom projections for certain EPSG codes

Rahkonen Jukka jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Mar 9 05:16:27 PST 2023

Hi,

Sorry if this mail comes twice, I had some troubles with sending it.

I refer to this issue https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/issues/6843. I found a workaround for making the workflow "KKJ projections into ETRS-GK-FIN" to work correctly and it is to add an old style "epsg" file into the Proj data directory. However, the mail https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-dev/2023-January/016907.html  tells that
"And if you have an "epsg" text file, it will have precedence over proj.db for +init=epsg:XXXX codes (although I don't recommend this, because proj.db will be completely ignored for any epsg entry, so you'd better make sure your text file is complete enough)"

Does it mean that the epsg file should contain entries for all the coordinate systems that our Mapserver supports for input and output, and that the proj.db database would then be completely skipped, with all the benefits that it has?

-Jukka Rahkonen-