Decimal degree units

Brent Fraser bfraser at digitalscience.com
Thu Aug 26 21:55:56 EDT 1999

  I've made mapserv a memory resident component  using Windows NT,
ActiveX and Active Server Pages.  And I use PROJ4 to project on the
fly.  But as Steve pointed out in a previous email, the most significant
tuning thing you can do is shapefile indexing.  Tile the shapefiles (if
they aren't already) and make an index shapefile for them.

  Also, selectively display shapefiles based on scale if you've got a
couple of different scales of data (eg 1:1m DCW, and Tiger).

Brent Fraser