Cool client and utilities...

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Oct 29 14:32:56 EDT 1999

Hi all: I'm sure most of you are aware of the JShape java GIS client app.
Seems like really nice software although I haven't played with it. The author
has also developed a shapefile utility called FShape for pre-processing shape
files. For example, you can tile and/or generalize a shapefile. It supports some
sort of indexing but it's not compatible with the MapServer. All this is done in
Java so I don't suppose it's the speediest of tools but it seems pretty useful
regardless of the other tools you use. Anyone tried it?

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst
MIS Bureau - MN DNR