Using geographic data in the southern hemisphere

Cameron Shorter cameron at socialchange.net.au
Fri Aug 18 09:54:33 EDT 2000

Yes, we also have mapserv running in the south.  And we use projections
almost successfully.
(Trying to convert geographic->geographic causes a core dump as noted in
a previous email).

Sorry, I missed the original email so cannot answer specifics, but make
sure you have PROJECTION set in both your layers and MAP sections of
your mapfile.

Anton Coetzee wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm using mapserver (3.3.010) on Southern Hemisphere shapefiles (Gauteng
> area) with no problem. I'm *not* using proj at all, so maybe that is an
> issue?
>
> As an example, here's the extent from one of my maps:
>
> units dd
> extent 28.05 -26.15 28.12 -26.19
>
> So I can answer #1 - yes, mapserver *does* work OK with Southern
Hemisphere

--
Cameron Shorter          Web Mapping Manager
Social Change Online