http vars

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Jul 28 11:40:10 EDT 2000

MapServers itemquery kinda sucks. You can have only one item, but with multiple
values (i.e. name=county value=Pima value=George). Anything more sophisticated
should be handled using another mechanism in conjunction with MapScript. The XBase
module for Perl is far better than anything I could write so I've deffered to it and other
tools instead of bulking out itemquery.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Zolla Michalak <michalak at hwr.arizona.edu> 07/27/00 12:39PM >>>

This may be a stupid question. Let me know if I'm making this more
difficult than it needs to be.

Can someone please tell me how mapserver is able to grab name-value pairs
in the HTML form with the same name and different values (i.e. name=layer
value=snotel, name=layer value=rtg) without overwriting the first value
with the second value? If you can tell me which file the code is in, I'll
go look it up.

I am trying to write a perl script for my map application that will do the
same thing. I need to pass name-vals for a set of variables that have a
different value for each record in the database.

Here's a simplified picture of what I'm doing:

name = recordNumber  	value = 1
name = state		value = AZ
name = county 		value = Pima

name= recordNumber 	value = 2
name = state 		value = WY
name = county 		value = George

etc...

I want to be able to send these through cgi without having the record 2
values overwrite the record 1 values, and so on. And all I need to do is
print them out.

Thanks!

   Zolla Michalak
   Support Systems Analyst