Mapserver Licence

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Mon May 8 08:29:17 EDT 2000

On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 10:49:03PM -0500, Stephen Lime wrote:
> The license is part of the distribution. It's basically the MIT license that can be found at www.opensource.org.

perhaps it would help to put the license on the web pages.
I think it is important especially because it is not identical with the MIT
license and hence is actually not the MIT license.

The difference is in the second paragraph. I am not sure which change of intention
is aspiered with the different wordings. If there actually is none
it might be less confusing to just use the MIT license as is.
If there is another intention, IMHO it should be additionally explained.

All the best and keep up this wonderful software

	Jan

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner				http://intevation.de/~jan/

Intevation GmbH				  	     http://intevation.de/