remove temp files

bfischer at usgs.gov bfischer at usgs.gov
Tue May 9 12:10:38 EDT 2000

Does anyone have a similar script for the NT side?

Brian

Brian Fischer
bfischer at usgs.gov
USGS WRD
2280 Woodale Dr.
Mounds View, MN
(612) 783-3133

                    "Stephen Lime"
                    <steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us>         To:     <berend.veldkamp at aris.nl>, <marin at here.is>
                    Sent by:                             cc:     <mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu>
                    owner-mapserver-users at lists.g        Subject:     Re: remove temp files
                    is.umn.edu

                    05/09/00 09:54 AM

here's the script we use, runs hourly:

#!/bin/csh

find /usr/local/www/docs/tmp -follow -name "*.gif" -exec rm {} \;

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Berend Veldkamp <berend.veldkamp at aris.nl> 05/09/00 05:24AM >>>
Thanks, I know how crontab works. I was only hoping there existed some
feature in mapserver which deletes the gifs.
Bye, Berend

Ma wrote:

> man crontab
>
> ---
> Ma
>
> Berend Veldkamp wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > What is the best way to get rid of the temporary gif's that mapserver
> > creates? Is it something my webserver takes care of, or do I have write
> > a script to do this.
> > TIA,
> >
> > Berend

ARIS - Hooghiemstraplein 126 - 3514 AZ Utrecht
tel. +31 30 2769180   -   fax. +31 30 2733578